Hire Terms & Conditions
Pick up of your motor home is available from 0830 – 1530 Monday to Friday, 0900 – 1300 Saturday, Sunday by special arrangement, subject to surcharge. Returns on Monday are preferred.
BOOKING & PAYMENT DETAILS
- Reservations can be made either in person, by telephone or by email but will only be held once a completed booking form has been completed / received with a deposit of £150 per week which is non-refundable and enters the Hirer into a binding contract for the hire.
- Full payment is due 28 days before the collection of the vehicle.
- Payments can be made by BACS, Paypal, debit and/or credit card. Credit card payments incur a 3% charge (no charge is made for debit card payments), Cash or Cheque (subject to clearance).
- All bookings made within 28 days of the hire commencement date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Unless expressly stated to the contrary all prices in these terms are inclusive of VAT at the current standard rate.
CANCELLATION and NO SHOW
In the event of cancellation by the Hirer then the Reservation Deposit (and Full Balance if already paid) shall be forfeited in total.
In the event of cancellation we may be able to transfer the hire agreement to another person nominated by you subject to receipt of correct documentation and insurance approval and subject to a £120 administration charge. Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) reserve the right to refuse any such transfer and any agreement of this nature should be agreed in writing and would be subject to these terms and conditions.
Any hires intending to undertake the route of the NC500 must be in 14 nights minimum hire. Vehicles are forbidden to undertake the Applecross Pass named Balach Na Ba.
FORCE MAJEURE – Coronavirus and other pandemic medical issues
In the event that an organised/named event, such as a festival or sporting event is cancelled due to a pandemic health issue, including but not limited to Coronavirus (COVID19) and this affects a booking hire, Midland Motor Home Hire’s standard cancellation policy will apply. Customer’s may still travel freely to another location covered by their booking and therefore any cancellation will be the customer’s choice.
If the UK Government impose mandatory travel retrictions due to a pandemic health issue, including but not limited to Coronavirus (COVID10), which means that the planned hire is impossible to commence or complete, Midland Motor Home Hire will consider this a Force Majeure under law and will enforce their standard cancellation policy. Should this happen during an ongoing hire, the vehicle will be recalled as soon as possible. For this reason, we strongly advise customers to take out appropriate travel insurance for their trip.
- A £1,500 deposit by BACS or card (no fee for Credit Card) shall be paid prior to the day hire commences. This is fully refunded if the motor home is returned on time and in a clean and undamaged state – including toilet, shower, pots, pans and cooker, beds etc.
- You will be liable for any damage or missing items from the hire vehicle.
- Late returns will be subject to a charge of £50.00 per hour for the first 3 hours after the agreed and contracted return time and then £250 per 24 hour or part thereof.
- Failure to return all the accessories will result in a charge.
- Failure to empty the toilet cassette will result in a £50 charge.
- Cleaning of the inside of the vehicle will result in a charge. Typically £150. Severe stains will be charged at cost and Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire)’s decision in these matters will be deemed as final.
- Any fire or accident damage will be covered by our insurers subject to a £1,500 excess which is payable by the hirer.
- Refueling charges will apply in the event you do not return the vehicle with a full tank of diesel.
- Incorrect refueling will be rectified at the cost of the hirer including any repair, draining, flushing, refueling or relay costs.
- All parking / speeding and traffic fines plus a £30 admin charge. You agree to indemnify Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) from any such charges and court costs. Such fines will be charged to your credit / debit card.
FUEL, GAS AND WATER
- A full tank of diesel is supplied with the vehicle at the commencement of the hire and we expect and require the tank to be returned full. A £30.00 charge plus VAT will apply for any fuel shortage PLUS the amount needed to fill the tank. This will be taken from the deposit.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to check and maintain oil and water levels to vehicle specifications.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to check the tyre pressures of the vehicle, these are clearly marked above each wheel arch.
- Two gas cylinders will be supplied at commencement of hire: at least one will be full. It is the hirer’s responsibility to check connection of new gas bottles for leaks when fitted.
- Any cylinders lost or incorrectly exchanged will be charged to the hirer.
Whilst we endeavor to make every effort to ensure the vehicle is ready at the agreed time, circumstances may arise out of our control and we accept no liability other than the refund of the day or days lost. We will endeavor to inform you at the earliest opportunity of any potential delays.
You agree to indemnify Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) or its agents against any loss or incurred expense relating to any such delay in the collection or handover of your vehicle if caused by you.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the vehicle reserved is available, if the reserved vehicle is not available we reserve the right to offer an alternative vehicle. This may be of similar size to the Motorhome or larger, and will be similarly equipped. In this event you will not be liable for any increased hire charge but we will not be liable for additional expenses e.g higher ferry charges or road tolls. If a suitable alternative is not available Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) reserves the right to cancel the hire, in which event we shall refund the hire charge to you in full and our liability to you shall be limited to the amount of the hire charge. Signing this Agreement is deemed the commencement of the hire and acceptance of the vehicle supplied.
BREAKDOWNS / ACCIDENTS
- If there is a breakdown or accident Fiat or Ford Camper assistance will be at your disposal 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- You must let us know as soon as you become aware of any defect with the vehicle, or if the vehicle is stolen or involved in an accident or broken down. Failure to notify us may result in you breaking this agreement and liable to paying costs we incur.
- You are authorised to spend up to £50 on necessary repairs and we will reimburse you against a valid VAT receipt.
- Any repairs above £50 need to be authorized by a member of staff at Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire).
- Any breakdown, malfunction or damage caused by the hirer’s negligence will be made good at your expense.
- Every effort is made to ensure the vehicle is in a roadworthy and safe condition and fully serviced and maintained before every hire. No responsibility can be accepted by Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any defect or breakdown unless it is due to a proven reason of our failure to adequately maintain the Motorhome in a fit state and condition. The maximum height, width and length of your vehicle are clearly stated on the dashboard or within the vehicle handbook. Any damage is the responsibility of the hirer.
- Any damage above average head/shoulder height will not be covered by insurance as deemed as negligence.
- IN THE EVENT OF LOSS OF KEYS PLEASE CALL Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE MOTORHOME USING FORCE OR BY CAUSING DAMAGE. A charge of £200 will be levied for the loss of any keys to the motorhome.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage or expense, which occurs as a result of any accident. In the event of an accident the hirer must not admit responsibility. The hirer should obtain the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. In additional the Hirer should make the motorhome secure, tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and contact Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) immediately. The Hirer must also produce an accident report and send a copy to Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire). We suggest you use a mobile phone or camera to photograph the accident, surrounding areas and anything that might prove useful after the accident.
- The hirer agrees to assist Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) in handling any claim arising from any event including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence as required.
- The Hirer is responsible for any damage to the windscreens and windows, punctures or other damage to tyres during the hire period. Where possible damage should be repaired or replaced as appropriate and paid for by the hirer at the time. The Hirer should contact Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) to seek instructions before carrying out the repair. Failing this, an amount will be deducted from the deposit against damages for the cost of the repairs.
- Only persons named on the insurance policy at time of hire may drive the vehicle.
- Drivers must be over the age of 25 and under 70 and held a valid license for at least two years. Age groups outside this bracket may be insured with an additional premium and will be subject to our insurer’s discretions.
- Driving licenses with endorsements maybe subject to a surcharge and must be declared before hire.
- Driving license to be produced on collection of vehicle.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that they have the relevant category on their driving licence to drive our vehicle.
- The driver MUST ensure that front and rear seatbelts are used and that all children under the age of 12 are seated in a child seat.
- On collection of vehicle hirer will need to provide two items of proof of residential ID (utility bill or credit card statement is acceptable) Passport or other photo ID
- Hirer/s consent to us passing on their driver details for inclusion in the BVRLA RISC database.
In order to hire one of our motor homes you must be between the ages of 25-70 years old and you must hold a valid driving licence held for 2 years. Pre 25 or post 70 may be accepted, please talk to us. (Overseas licence holders will be liable to an extra charge).
When you pick up your Motor Home we will require a photo proof id and a utility bill that is no more than 2 months old.
If you have been involved in an accident of traffic offence within the last 5 years we will need to inform our insurers so they can make the appropriate changes. (A slight increase of charges may be incurred).
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided for the motorhome within the hire charge and for the hire period only. Driving outside this period of cover would deem to be an offence under the road traffic act. Furthermore the hirer is entirely responsible for any accidental damage, injury and consequential loss after the expiry of the hire period.
Personal effects and contents are NOT covered by our insurance. The hirer should cover such items separately and agrees to fully indemnify Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) from any loss or damage.
Any additional premium to our insurance cover as a result of driver convictions or accidents will be passed on at cost to the hirer and will need to be paid in full as part of the overall hire fee.
Only the named insured drivers can drive the motorhome.
The driver/s covered under the policy will be driving on a £1,500 excess. We require payment in full of £1,500 as a contribution towards the insurance excess along with any associated costs against the driver’s or hirer’s credit or debit card and in accepting these terms indicates authorization to the Lessor to be able to follow this process. Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) reserve the right to increase the security deposit to cover any claim or losses not covered by the £1,500 excess.
In the event that any damage to the motorhome is not covered by our insurance for whatever reason then Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) reserve the right to charge the repairs and any associated costs in full to the hirer.
The refundable damage deposit of £1,500 is payable on the day of vehicle collection by card or electronic transfer. The damage deposit will be refunded on the satisfactory and safe return of the vehicle, being on time and in the same condition it was hired. Deductions will be taken from this deposit in respect of any damage, late returns and equipment replacements costs. Deductions will also be made for fuel charges, cleaning charges, repairs and waste / toilet cassette emptying. These charges will be in addition to any accident repair costs and may be charged to you in the event repair costs exceed the deposit amount. The hirer accepts that Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire)’s decision on these issues is final. The deposit is refunded in full within 7 working days. Please note that Bank processing and transfer times may extend this timeframe.
It is advised that hirer takes out separate personal accident / travel insurance when travelling in or outside of the UK.
Any damage to vehicle, the tyres, windscreen or any theft or loss of personal effects is not covered by our insurance and shall be at your expense and if required in addition to the £1,500 damage deposit.
Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) must be notified if the hirer intends to leave the territories of England, Scotland or Wales in the motorhome. Failure to do so would invalidate your insurance cover and breach the terms of the hire agreement.
As part of our agreement with our insurers our motorhomes are fitted with TRACKER devices that give constant updates on the whereabouts of the vehicle. In the event you travel outside of an agreed territory we will be notified and your insurance will be invalidated. The authorities will be notified and we reserve the right to instigate criminal proceedings.
FINES / TOLLS / CONGESTION CHARGES
Hirer/s are responsible for any parking fines, private parking fines, tolls and congestion charges they may incur during the hire period. Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) will not be responsible for any fines incurred whilst you have the vehicle on hire.
Please note that all of our vehicles are tracked.
UK and Continental – 1200 miles per week on a “fair usage policy” again please talk to us regarding specific requirements.
SATELLITE NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Midland Motor Home Hire accepts no responsibility for the use of any inbuilt satellite navigation equipment in any of its vehicles. The hirer is responsible for its use and indemnifies Midland Motor Home Hire against any liability as a result of said use. The signing of the rental agreement is deemed to be acceptance of this condition.
The hirer is responsible for emptying the waste tanks and toilet before returning the vehicle if this is not done the hirer will incur a £50 charge.
Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) operates a STRICT NO SMOKING policy in our motorhomes. Failure to comply with this will result in the loss of the hire deposit.
PERSONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE
We do not offer personal travel insurance for loss of belongings or items this insurance is the responsibility of the hirer.
We can offer secure car parking during the hire period.
By entering into this rental agreement, you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with this agreement including data collected from the vehicle. We may use your information to analyse statistics, for market research, credit control and to protect our assets.
You agree that if you break the terms of this agreement we can pass your personal information to credit-reference agencies, debt collectors, the police or any other relevant organisation. We can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), which can share your personal information with its members to prevent crime and protect their assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act.
ENDING THE AGREEMENT
- If the Hirer is an individual this agreement will terminate automatically in the event of the Hirer being declared bankrupt. Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) may terminate this agreement if the Hirer does not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
- If the Hirer is a company, this agreement will terminate automatically if the company goes into liquidation or calls a meeting of creditors. Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) may terminate this agreement if the Hirer does not meet any of the conditions of this agreement
- Termination of this agreement shall not affect Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire)’s right to receive any money owed under the conditions of this agreement. Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) may also claim extra costs from the Hirer if the Hirer does not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Midland Motor Home Hire (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) shall not be responsible for losses incurred as a result of the breach of this agreement unless these losses are a foreseeable consequence of the breach in question. Neither this clause nor any other provision of this agreement will seek to limit Midland Motor Home Hire’s (including Ybuy Motor Home Hire) liability for:-
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
- any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO VARY RATES AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME. YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE RATES AND CONDITIONS IN FORCE AT THE TIME THAT YOU SIGN THE BOOKING AGREEMENT, UNLESS ANY CHANGE IS REQUIRED BY LAW OR GOVERNMENT OR REGULATORY AUTHORITY (IN WHICH CASE IT WILL APPLY TO YOUR BOOKING). WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE HIRE TO ANY PERSON(S) FOR ANY REASON AND NOT HAND OVER THE VEHICLE IF WE FEEL THE HIRER IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ANY REASON WE DEEM REASONABLE. IN THE EVENT OF A VEHICLE BEING WITHDRAWN THE HIRE CHARGE IS NON-REFUNDABLE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REPOSSESS THE VEHICLE AT ANY TIME DUE TO MISUSE, DAMAGE OR ACCIDENT OR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER WE DEEM REASONABLE. IF WE REPOSSESS THE VEHICLE FOR ANY REASON WE WILL CHARGE YOU FOR ANY COSTS INCURRED.
Upon signing the hire booking agreement the hirer is legally deemed to have agreed and accepted these terms and conditions.